Sunday, March 6, 2011

Saying Goodbye to an Icon







Having never seen Coney Island in its heyday, I can't really feel the loss as much as some. As my son and I were walking around a few years ago, we did get a little taste of how folks are feeling. It has reopened with new rides, along with a few of the classics, but I think that the carney-feel is missing. There is the sense that a few characters and icons will be missed.  Here are a some pictures that hopefully, capture a bit of what people love(d) about the place.

1 comment:

  1. These are not only beautiful photos, with an intimate point of view, but they scream through the subjects. I don't see the photograph as much as the life that comes out of the inanimate objects captured! I feel like not only am I there, but I'm there all alone, speaking with the ghosts and the lively energy that won't calm down.

    ReplyDelete