Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Quiche me Quick

After viewing Renee's blog about quiches, I was inspired to make one for myself. I had lots of ingredients, just not all that the recipe call for! I did have a tart pan and the pie crust to start. And a big, double Viking commercial oven at my disposal. Actually, it takes up a chunk of wall in the kitchen and I feel like a queen. My husband and some of his friends helped to install this behemoth. I admit that I don't give it the workout it deserves. This weekend...yeah, I did. I made a quiche with leftover breakfast sausage, peppers, onions, tabasco, lots of spices and, to make it truly taste like a breakfast, something sweet. Apple butter is all I had and let me tell you, it worked. Sweetness along with all of the sausage spice. Here are some pictures. The pie was the result of the leftover crust that just HAD to be used up. My mom bought some canned pie filling and well, can't have that laying around either!








3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful shots! It looks fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... I don't even like quiche, but now I want some of yours!

    Gorgeous photos, in my opinion - delicious, even!

    ReplyDelete