Thursday, February 10, 2011

St. Louis--mARCH your self down there!

Hot and sticky. That could be two things: St. Louis at the end of July or Pappy's BBQ on Olive St. I'll post today on the Arch. Ah, at first glance it looks like, well, a big, silver disjointed paper clip, jutting out of the ground. We spent about 4 days staying near the arch. The paper clip changed with the sunlight, moonlight and lightning bolt. It really is beautiful. It is as wide at the base as it is tall from the ground. You can ride a little pod that fits about 4 people up to the top. Looking out of the windows is amazing and I highly recommend doing so at dusk. If you don't mind being in a small area or WAY up in the air in a paper-clip structure! Every time I looked at it, it had a new dimension! I did resist the urge to have a photo taken of myself holding it up, a la the leaning Tower of Pisa. One shot is taken out of the window from inside of the arch. Here are a few shots:








1 comment: